Leaderboard
728x15

Frazetta

Large Rectangle

As kids, one gloomy, grey, dark night, growing ever more foreboding as a storm approached, my brother Ted and I laid in our beds looking out the window. As the wind grew louder, we called it "a Death Dealer night" and imagined Frazetta's famous character on his warhorse stalking the streets of our neighborhood as everyone slept.

Frazetta had great influence on me growing up. His work not only sparked my imagination, but helped lead me towards a creative career path. I kept his "art of" books close by at all times. I remember sitting with them at my desk, pages turned to his amazing black and white work to learn from as my first attempts at drawing with a crow quill pen and india ink were made. I still have those very same books 30 plus years later...


He even inspired my first prop making efforts...


Monday's comic over on Para Abnormal is in tribute to that creative spirit he helped fill me with in my younger days...

Banner