Leaderboard
728x15

Sneaky Veggies: Quick & Easy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese

Large Rectangle
Some days I am all about the ease and convenience of good old boxed macaroni and cheese. It's quick and I know my kids will eat it. But I also feel like I need to add in some veggies so that we are getting a well rounded meal. Today we added in everyone's favorite Fall flavor - pumpkin!


This was really so easy. I used the Back to Nature Organic mac & cheese, which has a milder cheese flavor. I think you need a mild cheese flavor for the pumpkin to blend in nicely.

Prepare the mac & cheese per the instructions on the box.  When adding in your milk, butter, and cheese powder, also add in 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!). Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top to taste. That's it!


My toddlers DEVOURED this. Like, asked for and finished a second bowl. It was really tasty, with just a hint of pumpkin flavor and loads of extra fiber and vitamins. Give it a try!
Banner